Subscribe to our youtube channel (TheNCSEOnline) for videos from the conference.
The Food-Energy-Water Nexus special issue of the Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences (JESS) is available for 30 days.
Many of the conference speakers contributed research, reviews, and commentary articles to a special issue of JESS, which was edited by the 2016 Conference Chair, Peter Saundry. The Special Issue and all of the articles can be viewed at http://link.springer.com/journal/13412/6/1/page/1
The conference was an amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in this emerging field field of practice with 1,200 other leaders in science, technology, government, business, civil society, and education to create strategies and initiatives that transform ideas into action.
• Learn what others are doing and about new initiatives and funding opportunities.
• Share your ideas and work.
• Network with others from the research, policy, conservation, business, government, and international communities.
• Discover new partnerships, funding opportunities, and ways to be more impactful.
• France Cordova, Director, National Science Foundation
• Daniel Barber, Executive Chef, Blue Hill Farm
• Simran Sethi, Author, Bread, Wine, Chocolate: The Slow Loss of Foods We Love
• Juergen Voegele, Senior Director, Agriculture Global Practice, World Bank Group.
• Rita Colwell, Distinguished Professor, University of Maryland and Former Director, NSF
• Veerabhadran “Ram” Ramanathan, Scripps Institution of Oceanography
• Nebojsa Nakicenovic, Deputy Director General, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
• Robert Engelman, Senior Fellow, Worldwatch Institute
• Clive Mutunga, Population, Environment and Development Technical Advisor, US Agency for International Development
• Catherine Woteki, Under Secretary for Research, Education & Economics, U.S. Department of Agriculture
• Daniel Kammen, Director, Renewable and Appropriate Energy Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley
• Ed Piñero, Senior Vice President for Sustainability, Veolia
• Richard Spinrad, Chief Scientist, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
• Rebecca Shaw, Associate Vice President and Senior Lead Scientist, Environmental Defense Fund
• Sanjeev Krishnan, Managing Director, S2G Ventures
• Anthony Michaels, President, Midwestern BioAg
• Rabi Mohtar, TEES Endowed Professor, Texas A&M University